10 Feb Do I need a Greek bank account?

Yes. All necessary payments will be made through this account. Additionally, this account will prove that funds used for property purchase have come into Greece from abroad, and therefore, are not taxable in Greece.

There are standard documents required to open a Greek Bank Account, regardless of the Bank. The documents required are the following:

  • Greek Tax Number (AFM), as shown above
  • Copy of Passport
  • Confirmation of Home Address – Any document with your home address is acceptable, such as a utility bill, driver’s license, lease agreement, etc
  • Tax Clearance Document – This would be the standard document issued by the respective tax/revenue authority, upon submission of your annual tax return. In lieu of this, the bank will also accept a recent payslip from your employer.
In the past, it was possible to open a bank account through Power of Attorney. As this is no longer the case, we recommend opening a bank account during your stay on Corfu, to avoid the hassle of inconvenient travel in the future. The process to apply for a tax number, and open a bank account is free, and with a some prior notice, we can ensure that it only takes a couple of hours.
No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Stay Updated on the Latest Properties