Kanoni

Kanoni ,one of the most beautiful districts of Corfu,, is located in the outskirts of the modern city, in the southern peninsula of the hill of Assumption where, the archaeological area of Palaiopoli  is located. Kanoni was named during the French Occupation of Corfu, when generals decided in 1798 to place the most significant fortifications and the battery there. The French Kanoni (which means cannon) is still in this spot and one can browse at it at a close distance. Just below Kanoni, the Lagoon of Chalikiopoulos dominates where you will enjoy one of the most characteristic landscapes of Corfu: Pontikonisi  and Panagia Vlahernon. The small, tiled roof chapel which is connected to the land by a narrow strip of cement and the verdant, emblematic islet in the entrance of the bay is one of the most photographed sights of Corfu and the best way to enjoy them from high above, is to observe them from Kanoni.

  • AROUND AREAS

Stay Updated on the Latest Properties