Get started before getting started

Let us help you get the basics out of your way quickly and stress free: tax roll number, bank account, and lawyer.

Obtaining a tax roll number (AFM)

Anyone purchasing property in Greece requires a Greek tax roll number – the so-called “AFM”. We will assist you to complete and file the form required by the tax office to issue you with an AFM.

At your wish, one of our employees will a accompany you to the officials to help you with both language and bureaucracy.

Opening a Greek bank account

The origin of money used to buy property in Greece must be declared to the tax office using an official import document – popularly known as the “pink slip”.

Thus, you need to open an account with a Greek bank through which all payments related to your property purchase must take place. If you like, we will be glad to assist you in this.

The bank will provide you with import documents for every transfer that you make from abroad. This will provide an accurate record of payments as requested by the officials.

Appointing a lawyer

If you like, we will introduce you to an English speaking lawyer who can act on your behalf.

If you wish to give a Power of Attorney to your lawyer it will be prepared by a Notary of our trust.

We will be glad to answer any query you might have

Corfu Property Agency

22. Guilford Str.
49100 Corfu
TEL.: +30 26610 28141


Stay Updated on the Latest Properties